Good Morning and Happy Thursday! Do you ever have weeks that go by where you seem to be getting so much done that you have to step back and ask yourself if it's really happening? Or if you're just imagining it all? That's what's happening in my life right now. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful thing, but I'm just so amazed that I've found a perfect blend of working and spending time with family to get to be at my most productive. And so, today I have to share with you another major milestone project that has finally been completed - art above our bed in our master bedroom.
Once the paint was completely dry, I took my chosen song lyrics - 3 songs that mean something to Josh and I ("Your Love is My Drug" by Ke$ha, "Forever" by Chris Brown and "When You Say Nothing At All" by Keith Whitley) - and using the white paint pen, simply wrote out the song lyrics across each vinyl. "Forever" is a really long song and I sort of almost ran out of room, but I think it turned out okay - perfectly imperfect is what I'm calling it.
Lastly, I used some clear acrylic spray to lock in all the awesomeness I had just created. For the record, I did this inside and it elicited a sort of not so thrilled response from Josh, who asked me if I was spray painting inside the house. Which I wasn't, not exaaaactly. But um, I wouldn't really recommend anyone else doing this indoors. But, when it's chilly out and you live in an apartment building, sometimes a girl has gotta do what she's gotta do, even if it gets some complaints regarding the acrylic spray paint smell.
Once everything was dry, I set to work framing each record. First, I purchased these awesomely giant frames I got from IKEA.
Then, using 12x12 gray scrapbooking paper from Michael's and some mod podge, I attached each record to a sheet.
I seriously heart mod podge.
Then, I placed each record so that it would appear exactly in the middle of each frame. This took more than a few tries to make sure it was even and all of the words were visible, but by the 3rd record, I had it down to a system.
Finally, I attached the hanging system to the back of the frame per IKEA's instructions.
Then, I hung them in our bedroom using our bed as the center of the room and by measuring multiple times using this awesome sketch.
I hung the middle picture about an inch and a half higher than the other two to give it some height as the middle part of our headboard does raise a bit. When all was said and done it went from this ...
... to this:
Ah, I love the before and after. This is one of those projects where I had the idea in my head and I really hoped it would come out well, but wasn't really so sure that it would. I am so happy with the results and could not be more excited about our new art in the bedroom! It only took 6 months, but our bedroom finally looks put together!
|Please excuse my messy nightstand!|
PS. I'm linking up to parties over at Colorado Lady, Crafty Scrappy Happy, House of Hepworths, Made in a Day, The Crafty Blog Stalker and Thrifty Decorating! Be sure to head over there for more fantastic projects!