After his introduction, Clinton led a fashion show with 6 women of all shapes and sizes, demonstrating different outfits - for weekends, work, nighttime, and cocktail parties for the holiday season.
- The color black brings out shadows, and as you get older and get more wrinkles, wearing black during the day only highlights those shadows;
- Every woman needs a professional bra fitting - a woman's bust should sit halfway between the shoulder and the elbow and if your bras aren't doing that, you need to get new bras;
- Right now, colored denim is the trend;
- Keep things modern in your outfits by mixing different textures; and,
- When it comes to wearing hosiery - either make it look like you aren't wearing any (ie. it should match your regular skin tone) or make it look like you are (wear a non-skin color shade).
He did spend time at the end of the evening signing books, but unfortunately you could only get a book if you spent $100 in Macy's and you weren't allowed to bring your own. However, his latest book, Oh No She Didn't, showcases 100 different style mistakes that women make and how to fix them. It's a fun book and I definitely recommend checking it out!
It was a wonderful event and I'm so glad that I was able to take the time to attend! I've learned so much from Clinton over the years and being able to see him in person was inspiring. He really is all about boosting self-image and self-confidence and it is so wonderful that he's able to go back and forth across the country (thanks, in large part, to Macy's) to inspire so many women.